Tuesday, January 3, 2017

The Firmament Cries











Whenever the firmament cries
and loud the thunder roars,
I get reminded of those ugly days
when in want of more and more,
I left my home with temper and rage
sad, and with my ego hurt
I flew away from the "golden cage"
with a dream of doing something great
"I'll toil I'll work I shall"
Full of overwhelming confidence and pride
that had to come before my fall
Still lacking the will to face it all,
I rode away from home on the horse of pride.
Not knowing, the future, dark
for which I have repented and cried
Cause there's no place like the one we call home
where a sapling is nourished 
to become a capable tree
to yield the fruits of satisfaction so free
This day I could only wish
"My horse of guilt,take me back home" 









No comments:

Post a Comment